GC2 Church Missions
We have two missions and outreach teams, the GO Ministry and Missions Ministry.
The GO Ministry specifically focuses on our community and its needs. We host free seminars for the community, such as Identity Theft Prevention, College Savings Strategies, and more. Our annual Easter Festival, held at Stone Ranch Elementary School, is a free outreach to our community where families can come and play games, hunt for eggs, and enjoy free popcorn and cotton candy, all in a safe environment. We also are supporting and partnering with Agape Myanmar church and their Pastor, Silas, to reach the Burmese population in San Diego. They work in El Cajon ministering to refugees, immigrants, and their families.
The Missions Ministry is focused on outreach 30 miles and more from the church. We have worked with churches in the Dominican Republic, Indonesia, and South East Asia to share the gospel with the peoples of those countries. In San Felipe, Mexico we have worked with SONshine Hacienda to host street ministry fairs for the local children and have been helping an orphanage for over 4 years, assisting to complete building projects and hosting fun activities for the foster children and orphans. We continue to partner Tribes for Christ, a ministry of the La Jolla Band of the Luiseno people on Mount Palomar. Just a few of the ways we support that ministry is through our semi-annual blanket, toy, and food drives. Finally, we support two families of missionaries in San Diego. One family works with Campus Crusade for Christ and one works with Navigators. See the list below.
We act locally, but think globally. At GC2 we’re excited to come alongside missionaries and ministries as the Holy Spirit leads us. We are currently supporting:
- Jon Liu – Associate Director of Asian American Christian Fellowship
- Tim Chou – Navigators post-college ministry
- Henry & Wilma Tan – Campus Crusade for Christ International
- Sonshine Hacienda and San Felipe Mission – a foster care home in San Felipe, Mexico. In addition to financial support, we have sent teams to serve semi-annually
- Tribes for Christ - A ministry of the La Jolla Band of the Luiseno people
- Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center
- Agape Myanmar Church - A new church in El Cajon ministering to Burmese refugees, immigrants, and their families